viernes, enero 10, 2014

the most important thing i will post here

burning-soul: People are always posting about someone can only love you if you love yourself first, and saying that is stupid because it’s easier for someone to love than for you to love yourself. and you know what? that is fucking true… I know where this comes from and as much as I’d like to, I can’t regard it as being completely true. It’s well intentioned, but the essence of this idea has been watered down to only a fraction of its original meaning. Let me offer you another point of view to consider. Here’s what Lucy Snyder, published author and Bram Stoker Award winner has to say about it: [Love] Is not something that happens to me just sitting by myself in a dark room doing nothing. I think many other people feel the same way; after all, Sit Alone In The Dark And Love Yourself hasn’t cracked the nonfiction bestseller list yet. Deciding that I love myself is like deciding that my writing is art. Nope. It just isn’t. I can write the best thing I’ve ever written, but it’s only art if that’s what the reader experiences. (…) Saying that I can’t love anyone else if I can’t love myself is as silly as saying that because I can’t lick my own elbow I’m not capable of licking anyone else’s. Read the whole thing here. And consider it before mindlessly reblogging other people’s ideas without actually considering them.

via Tumblr http://vacuidaddeluz.tumblr.com/post/72889839063/the-most-important-thing-i-will-post-here

No hay comentarios.: